• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

HELP. Terrified about getting 2 baby teeth pulled on Wednesday.

H

hannahrose8912

Well I have my last 2 baby teeth left and they are both loose. I have one whole loose one and half of one of the teeth and it's just hanging there. Today I went to the orthodontist and they said they are going to make the dentist pull out the 2 loose teeth on Wednesday at my appointment so they can fit my braces right. I'm so scared about the pain and getting the shot of numbing stuff. Can someone tell me if pulling them will hurt? Even though they are very loose I'm still scared that they will hurt. Oh and i'm getting spacers on the 28th and braces the day after my birthday (March 7th) Sigh, this will be terrible

My last baby tooth was pulled a few years back, when it started tipping over. After that, I had my first spacer for a few months, followed by braces, a second spacer, and less than a year ago, a third spacer with an implant placed in October. I still wear my third spacer, and will probably get to finally stop wearing it in mid-March, when my implant is expected to have a crown put on it.

Pulling the baby tooth didn't hurt. My dentist used a gel to numb my gums before she pulled out the needle, and she kept it positioned so I couldn't see it. All I noticed is that the anesthetic tastes bad.

What style of space maintainer are you getting? My current one is removable, it looks like a retainer with an extra blob of tooth-coloured plastic, and is the easiest to clean one that I've had. My first was the hardest, and it had a band around the tooth behind the gap with a blob of plastic filling the gap. It was hard to clean the broccoli out from under it. The one I had the longest, my second one, was a basic band and loop. When I finally started seeing dentists again, the hygienist gave me a special brush to make it easier to clean around the band.

I just hope you don't have a steak dinner planned for the day you have you braces put on; you may have to skip the steak and go for mushed up birthday cake instead. Braces can leave your teeth sore for the first couple days after they're put on.

I have no idea what kind. They never said. All they said was that I needed them and not to try to pick them out with a tooth pick or floss. The day I have to get spacers they are taking a mold for my bottom retainer. (I have to have top braces and a bottom retainer, then bottom braces.)

Back