• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hi everyone, lots of dental work coming up. Worried? You bet!

jonn

jonn

It's been a long time since my last visit to the doc, got some bills paid off
and went in with many issues. Broken crown, several fillings missing.

Anyways, I'm looking at a couple of extractions, (back upper molars) root canals, (3)
more crowns, fillings and my bridge (lower left) needs to be replaced.

((((SIGH))))

Needles to say I'm kind of beside myself with stress. I'll keep everyone posted
on my progress.

Oh and happy to be aboard!:)

Welcome aboard the dental train! It sounds like you have a long journey but just try to break it up into chunks and not get too far ahead of yourself. One thing at a time. It will all get done eventually and you can do things at your own pace. Some people tackle the biggest things right away so they don't have to worry about them anymore and the rest is comparatively "easier" while others start small to build confidence and save the biggest issues for last once they have built up some stamina and developed a more trusting relationship with their dentist. The choice is yours! Good luck with everything! Please stick around and let us know how you get on! :grouphug:

You may want to consider starting a journal thread so that members can easily follow you with your experiences and you can use it to vent, think aloud, celebrate successes, etc. They are nice to look back on and re-read when we feel discouraged to see how far we've come! :)

Hi, jonn
Totally agree with kitkat.....................I think anyone who has been away from the dentist for awhile is going to need SOME kind of work. Definitely better to just think of the procedure at hand and try not to get TOO worked up over what's coming after.
Take it one step at time. Allow yourself to feel pride once you accomplish the one procedure, then think about the next one.
Do think ahead in one area, though. How nice it will be after treatment is completed and you are pain-free with a nice smile to show off!!!!!
Best of :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: to you!!!!
:hug5:'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Jen I think you're right, I just had all this land on me Friday so I've
been focusing on all the work instead of just one thing at a time.

Tomorrow is the deep cleaning.

So...............jonn...................how did your cleaning go?????
I hope it went well, and your teeth feel SO clean (so much cleaner than when you brush them).
I hope it went went well and you didn't have any unexpected surprises!!
Take care,
:hug4:'s,
Jen

So...............jonn...................how did your cleaning go?????
I hope it went well, and your teeth feel SO clean (so much cleaner than when you brush them).
I hope it went went well and you didn't have any unexpected surprises!!
Take care,
:hug4:'s,
Jen

Well the back 4 molars are coming (2 left, 2 on the right) out on the 20th, and of course I have periodontal disease.:cry:

I'm glad those molars are coming out though, they've always been a problem being cursed with a small mouth, all though my parents and ex-wife might disagree;D but they're a pain to floss and have been drilled and filled every which way you can imagine. So sayonara!

Anyway, I just finished the rest of the deep cleaning and I'm all numbed up as I type.

Yuck, how embarrassing and just eww.

Well done you :jump::jump::jump: :butterfly:

Well the back 4 molars are coming (2 left, 2 on the right) out on the 20th, and of course I have periodontal disease.:cry:

I'm glad those molars are coming out though, they've always been a problem being cursed with a small mouth, all though my parents and ex-wife might disagree;D but they're a pain to floss and have been drilled and filled every which way you can imagine. So sayonara!

Anyway, I just finished the rest of the deep cleaning and I'm all numbed up as I type.

Yuck, how embarrassing and just eww.
Not embarassing.................you're taking care of it and :welldone:. I have had most of my back teeth removed due to decay (and not going to the dentist for 23 years), but after 5 years of almost monthly dental visits, my mouth is pretty healthy (with the exception of minor problems here and there).
You should be proud of yourself that you are taking charge of your fear and your dental health.............:respect: :cheers: :yayy: :you-rock:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Not embarassing.................you're taking care of it and :welldone:. I have had most of my back teeth removed due to decay (and not going to the dentist for 23 years), but after 5 years of almost monthly dental visits, my mouth is pretty healthy (with the exception of minor problems here and there).
You should be proud of yourself that you are taking charge of your fear and your dental health.............:respect: :cheers: :yayy: :you-rock:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's true, plus I gave up on refined sugar. Just Splenda for my coffee now.

Back