• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

how can I overcome the fear of washing my teeth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Den0412
  • Start date Start date
D

Den0412

Junior member
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
1
Once when cleaning my teeth, the dentist found that I had a decayed tooth. Then he said he would "rinse it for a bit fix it". Well during the "rinsing for a bit", he put the drill directly into my broken tooth and washed it. The pain almost made me scream. Since then, I became so afraid of teeth-washing. Soon enough, I'll have to do it again. Can somebody tell me how to overcome that fear? Thanks!
 
Hi, ask your dentist for "local anaesthesia" if you need to get another filling. This will make the tooth numb, so you won't feel the "washing" :).
 
Hi, ask your dentist for "local anaesthesia" if you need to get another filling. This will make the tooth numb, so you won't feel the "washing" :).
Change your dentist as well, as the one you saw clearly thought this was an okay way to proceed when it wasn't.

 
Back
Top