• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long after removing plaque and calcus from teeth does it take for gums to improve

D

Dentist hater

How long after removing plaque and calcus from teeth does it take for gums to improve

I was wondering how long does it take for gums to improve and tighten back up after a cleaning.

Re: How long after removing plaque and calcus from teeth does it take for gums to improve

Hi there,
I just had a deep cleaning done and I have had my re-evaluation. From my experience, I noticed some difference within a few days but started noticing the biggest improvements after 2-3 weeks. I had a bit of redness around the gum edges in the beginning and asked the dentist about it. She reassured me and told me that within a few weeks time I would notice the redness disappear. I would also have to say that I had one or two mobile teeth and that took about 5 weeks or so until I noticed they tightened up considerably.

I have been reading your posts and as I read them I feel like I wrote them. I have felt like you a lot of times but the best thing to do is to distract yourself. You have come along way and are doing a great job with your oral hygiene. I think you need to take time and pat yourself on the back for a job well done! Leave the worries to your dentist...

Re: How long after removing plaque and calcus from teeth does it take for gums to improve

Thank you that was a very nice thing for you to write. At first i was affriad to go to the dentist (still am but not as much as before) but for some reason i dont want to stay away from the dentist because i want to have all my dental problems sorted.

I feel like you do. I want all of my things sorted too and I think thats where the frustration lies. Sometimes when I feel my teeth are coming along I start looking for something wrong with them even when there's not. My mind LOVES to play games with me all of the time and make me crazy.
Feel free to PM me if you want to chat or need some support. I can relate to everything you are feeling. We are all in this together :)

Thank you, its so nice to have people like you on here, we can all support each otherand most importantly UNDERSTAND each others fears and dental issues x

Back