• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I’m 15 years old, and my teeth are rotting away and I’m really freaking out

D

Devon

So I’ve hated brushing my teeth my whole life, but I brushed my teeth every day, until I was 10 or 11. Then I started brushing my teeth less and less since I hated it and was just too lazy to get up and do it. I mean, I would brush my teeth every now and then, but that was just once in a while. I just now started caring about my teeth and have started to brush my teeth twice a day with mouthwash, but it’s just way to late to reverse what I didn’t do for those years. My teeth are yellow and I have 4 cavities, all on my front teeth. My mom, well, she used to care a lot about my teeth; she would take me to the dentist regularly and tell me to brush my teeth regularly, but then it just seemed that she stopped caring all together. She hasn’t took me to the dentist in like 3 or 4 years and hardly ever told me to brush my teeth.

She said that she was going to try to get me into the dentist, but she said that it could take months before I could get a dentist appointment, and I’m really afraid about what could happen to my teeth in that amount of time.

I really need some help, my teeth really destroys my self esteem.

Re: I’m 15 years old, and my teeth are rotting away and I’m really freaking out

Hi Devon, sorry to read about your situation, but glad that you are back on track with brushing and using mouthwash. Hope your mum can manage to get you to see a dentist as soon as possible. May I ask what the reason for having to wait for months to get an appointment would be?