M
Marinab
Junior member
- Joined
- Mar 26, 2014
- Messages
- 2
- Location
- Glendale Az
Hi, for about a year I've been coming on here reading stories, tips, and looking for something to get me to finally get some courage. I hadn't been to the dentist since I was 11 years old other than getting my wisdoms teeth extracted at 17 by a surgeon I didn't get a cleaning at that time because the dentist I saw said wow your gums are in bad shape do you want to lose your teeth and began to belittle me... Not knowing that it took every bit of strength to even go in after my horrific experience as a child... Getting filled when I wasn't quite numb. Fast forward... I've known for awhile my teeth were in bad shape along with my gums... Occasional bleeding while flossing or brushing... Still put it off. About a year ago I started noticing that I was bleeding more often when brushing.... Even if I took a bite out of something... Constantly carrying breath mints and gum.... I began smiling less and less having this dark lining of black and dark yellowing on my bottom teeth... So humiliating... As a woman... A wife and mother. I don't have dental insurance, have a disabled child and I'm very wrapped in taking care of him, constant appointments etc... Knowing that I'm not taking care of me. I started googling dental offices... Reading reviews and scarying myself out of going.
The other day I woke up in pain... Gums bleeding... And said this has to stop. I applied for care credit and didn't expect an approval but I did get approved I said to myself no more excuses, I literally called and scheduled an appointment right after. They had an opening the next morning... I'm not gonna lie I couldn't sleep, I cried myself to sleep... Yesterday morning I woke up with this awful knot in my stomach just beyond stressed. I went to the dentist literally tears flowing as I filled out paperwork, a nervous wreck... Took X-rays felt horrified... Then the dentist comes in and I immediately burst into tears telling him I'm so ashamed embarrassed etc... He reassured me everything is ok and not to be embarrassed that was what they are in business for... And eased me into opening my mouth.... He then tells me I have one cavity... And moderate gum disease. Tells me I need scaling and root planing and I could use the antibiotics directly in the pockets but if I couldn't afford it he was ok with it but definitely need the cleaning.... So I went to schedule it and the girl says we had a cancelation we can get you in a hour... I said ok being that I was brave at that moment... A hour passed my name was called and then the probing 4...5....6...4..5.5.5. Then it begins... Numbing gel... Then local anesthetic... Yuck not my favorite thing I kept telling myself come on girl you have given birth for crying out loud... Then hear comes the scaling and planing idk which was which because I was concentrating so hard on how fast my heart was racing which the hygienist said it was normal due to the injections... The noise... Oh my god awful noise.... Then the chunks of what I thought was my teeth and I started freaking out... She stopped handed me a piece and explained it was calculus not my tooth... Wanted to show me in the mirror I said no but she convinced me and years of seeing this wall of yellow I now had individual teeth I cried.... She kept on until she was done with my lower and upper left sides.... I'm not gonna sit here and lie it was uncomfortable, scary and I was praying for it to just be over, I came home sore the mouthwash is disgusting but I'm praying for some normal looking teeth again. I have to say though I can't get used to these wide gaps in my teeth... I'm just gonna keep praying that I don't lose any teeth and that things will get better. I wish I had t waited this long... I can definitely feel the difference between the side that's done and the one that's not. I'm sorry this was so long... First time I've written and I wrote a book hahahaha.... I'm just glad I'm not the only one in my shoes!!!
blessings!!!
The other day I woke up in pain... Gums bleeding... And said this has to stop. I applied for care credit and didn't expect an approval but I did get approved I said to myself no more excuses, I literally called and scheduled an appointment right after. They had an opening the next morning... I'm not gonna lie I couldn't sleep, I cried myself to sleep... Yesterday morning I woke up with this awful knot in my stomach just beyond stressed. I went to the dentist literally tears flowing as I filled out paperwork, a nervous wreck... Took X-rays felt horrified... Then the dentist comes in and I immediately burst into tears telling him I'm so ashamed embarrassed etc... He reassured me everything is ok and not to be embarrassed that was what they are in business for... And eased me into opening my mouth.... He then tells me I have one cavity... And moderate gum disease. Tells me I need scaling and root planing and I could use the antibiotics directly in the pockets but if I couldn't afford it he was ok with it but definitely need the cleaning.... So I went to schedule it and the girl says we had a cancelation we can get you in a hour... I said ok being that I was brave at that moment... A hour passed my name was called and then the probing 4...5....6...4..5.5.5. Then it begins... Numbing gel... Then local anesthetic... Yuck not my favorite thing I kept telling myself come on girl you have given birth for crying out loud... Then hear comes the scaling and planing idk which was which because I was concentrating so hard on how fast my heart was racing which the hygienist said it was normal due to the injections... The noise... Oh my god awful noise.... Then the chunks of what I thought was my teeth and I started freaking out... She stopped handed me a piece and explained it was calculus not my tooth... Wanted to show me in the mirror I said no but she convinced me and years of seeing this wall of yellow I now had individual teeth I cried.... She kept on until she was done with my lower and upper left sides.... I'm not gonna sit here and lie it was uncomfortable, scary and I was praying for it to just be over, I came home sore the mouthwash is disgusting but I'm praying for some normal looking teeth again. I have to say though I can't get used to these wide gaps in my teeth... I'm just gonna keep praying that I don't lose any teeth and that things will get better. I wish I had t waited this long... I can definitely feel the difference between the side that's done and the one that's not. I'm sorry this was so long... First time I've written and I wrote a book hahahaha.... I'm just glad I'm not the only one in my shoes!!!
blessings!!!

