• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I had my first almost painless injection!

M

MountainMama

Everyone kept talking about painless injections and I figured my pain tolerance was just low because I have never had one that didn’t hurt quite badly.
The new oral surgeon today told me that he does them very slowly and he jiggled my cheek while he did it. It was almost completely pain free. I felt a few little tiny pinches when he said he was moving the needle but nothing like I have had before. It was pretty amazing!

It's such a moving experience to get painless - or almost painless injection for the first time, right? Because normally you can't even imagine that it can be done that way...

It's such a moving experience to get painless - or almost painless injection for the first time, right? Because normally you can't even imagine that it can be done that way...
Absolutely! I had never thought it was possible!

If only everybody injected painlessly, it would be a better world.

If only everybody injected painlessly, it would be a better world.

Yes it would! This was my new oral surgeon and he told me up front it was going to take about two minutes to give the two injections. If all dentists/surgeons did it like that it would definitely help alleviate a lot of fear!

Back