• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Im in PAIN!! ARGH!!

S

smurfette

I started going to the dentist about a year ago after getting over my fear *thank you diazepam*.

ANYWAY. I had a filling 2 weeks ago, it was sensitive to hot and cold, but I figured it would settle and it was just normal.

The past 3 nights it's woken me up, it's a dull ache, almost throbbing. It's a lot worse today, with pain during today, not just at night.

I don't know what to do, the dentist is closed for Xmas/New Years, but I can't go a week with this pain :(

What do you think the problem is? Why is it hurting so much? What can I do?!

Will the dental hospital see me if they're open tomorrow? I can't believe my dentist doesn't have an emergency service :(

in US dentists all have emergency coverage in fact I'm in the office right now seeing an emergency

Sorry to hear you're in pain. What area are you in? Where I live we have 2 dental access centres which provide out of hours services for emergencies. Is there nothing like this where you live? Only other thing I can think of is calling 111 the new nhs number for advice and help, they should be able to find some help for you. Hope you find somewhere soon and get yourself out of pain.

Sorry to hear you're in pain. What area are you in? Where I live we have 2 dental access centres which provide out of hours services for emergencies. Is there nothing like this where you live? Only other thing I can think of is calling 111 the new nhs number for advice and help, they should be able to find some help for you. Hope you find somewhere soon and get yourself out of pain.

We have a dental hospital, but they'll only see you if you're NOT registered with a dentist. If you are, they tell you to contact them, and my dentist says that if they're shut to contact the hospital. Do you think I can demand to be seen if I'm still in pain tomorrow? :(

Thats not very helpful is it! Call 111 tonight its manned 24 hr and they will tell you where you can get seen or put u in touch with people who can help u. I had to call a few days ago and they were really heplful.

Thank you spanna, I will definitely call tomorrow morning. Hopefully the pain wont be too bad tonight :( *hugs*

How did u get on Smurfette? Hope u managed to get yourself out of pain.

Back