It doesn't make you a liar - not at all - forgive yourself right now. It just makes you human and inexperienced - heck I play it day by day and this is what you'll do too - you'll have your moments like I have (and I have many more to come).
I have had 4 times when mine didn't go in right - I am really good at pinching the inside of my upper lip - I have to breathe, stop, start again. Plus twice I did like you have done and got it in but really not lined up.
When I started with glue I got more um...'concentrated' I guess the word is on putting them in and pushing up all inside to make sure the glue contacted everywhere I had put it.
They will feel different every single day - that I can tell you. Sometimes really good - sometimes they feel terrible.
I had a terrible day yesterday but a great one today.
That dictaphone I got has seriously helped with my face to face speaking - even when it feels all wrong in my mouth it sounds much better recorded so therefore how it sounds to others is better than it does in my head.
I am better with calls than I am face to face so for you my suggestion is get used to 65-70 (the words - they are good to practice) and other words I work on are schedule, changes, Coronation Street, George (all these type of words flow air through where my gums have shrunk and they became a problem for me at about 10 days in. The powder glue sorted it up until just a day or so before you mailed me.
I had my extractions and denture on 25th Nov last year and by 5th December I needed some kind of glue.
However I have gum disease and have had since I was a teenager - it means my gums shrink faster. Hold off on glue until you need it but when you have an unstable day give it 3 days and likely that is the time you need some glue. Go without as long as you can but just use it if you feel uncomfortable
For your hols take the powder stuff and take the Fixodent stuff with you. I would if I were you only because I know now for myself that gum shrink starts slow and can be drastic only a very few days in. Also take some strong decent sheets of kitchen roll with you (2 sheets per day. Toilet roll is way too flimsy) for getting rid of glue from your mouth and the plate and having something to put your plate on to put the glue on to it.
Practice the glue before you go away - it's scary first time - prepare yourself so it doesn't wreck your holiday and you know what to expect.
Eating - try not to starve!!!
But I get it - you have been through hell and need to practise on your own.
This early on - nope do not use your denture to bite down. While you are away try a chip - that was my first try and then I managed a thin pizza (no crust). I still haven't tried things like a burger or a hot dog (typical young guy holiday food) but I can happily eat a sandwich providing I don't have to cut through the filling too much - thick slices of beef or ham are not on my list right now! Loll!!
Remember what I said about splitting bites into two and chewing both sides - it helps - needs some thought but really helps.
You now know it does fit and your alignment was off - things will change - the fit will change.
Be prepared for it. I am telling you what I am due to my own really early and new experience.
Practise for that holiday - if you do - you will have a blast. If you don't it'll be angst filled.
Do not go away without the powder glue I sent you the link for at the very least though - just preparation so you won't get stuck and feel rubbish.
I happened to have a horrible night tonight (caused by an inept doctor - all sorted now) and seeing your post made my day!
I am so pleased for you!!!
I don't know your time plan for implants and whether that is a want or a something you need to save for but if it's a fairly far off thing (over 6 months from extraction date) then mail me and I'll give you some info about relines. I haven't had one yet - it's too early but I am hoping the dentist will do this around my 6 month mark.
I know what they are though and you may not yet so happy to explain.
I DO know the offside rule! *stomps foot* Ball is there, gets kicked between players,,sorta....depends on the players positions...(Ok, I have an IDEA of the offside rule!! Lol!) I just totally messed up - a red team won - minor league...oh boy did I feel bad! Lol!