• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Implants In Multi Rooted Teeth

L

lleigh26

Hey..

I Was Just Wondering If You Can Have Instant Implants In Teeth That Had Multiple Roots Like An Upper Molar..? I’m Very Nervous So I Prefer To Ask Questions On Here Instead Of My Dentist As I Can Never Explain Myself Properly..? Xx

Hey..

I Was Just Wondering If You Can Have Instant Implants In Teeth That Had Multiple Roots Like An Upper Molar..? I’m Very Nervous So I Prefer To Ask Questions On Here Instead Of My Dentist As I Can Never Explain Myself Properly..? Xx

I have had three implants on molars now and have been told that they don’t do instant implants for those. “Instant” ones are kind of misleading also. If you get the implant in at the same time as extraction, you still won’t have a “tooth” there. The crown is placed after the implant integrates with the bone.
I had an implant placed on my front tooth, and the implant was placed at the time of extraction. I still had four months with a temporary flipper before the crown was placed. The surgeon told me that they can do same day temp crowns but that he didn’t recommend it because they often fail due to the tiny movements of the tongue or food against the crown causing the implant to fail to integrate.

Ahh Okies.. I Just Thought I Would Ask As I Have Seen A Couple Of Things Where People Have Had An Instant In An Upper Molar & The Same Time As Extraction.. Thank You

It's possible, the classic Branemark implant procedure was to put in the implant then wait for it to "osseointegrate" which would take around 6 months and then to load it with a crown. Other makers have come out with different protocols which allow immediate loading. At least with temporary crowns. So it depends what system the surgeon you're using chooses to use.

Thanks Gordon.. ?

Back