• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Inserting lower partial dentures

K

Kathy

A couple of days ago, I had 5 extractions, 4 simple and 1 surgical extraction. They put in lower partial dentures immediately following the procedure. So I took them out for the first time last night and had no problems. However, this morning trying to put them back in has been a whole different issue. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. My dentures have the metal clasps attached to them and so their suppose to fit around my natural tooth. Well they're not going in and I don't know what to do. Any help or advice is appreciated.. Please? :cry: Thanks..

Stand in front of a mirror, don't panic and take your time. If you still don't manage to get them in, then go back to your dentist.

I too have a dental flipper which I just gor back in March. at first I had a really hard time getting it in and would panic but now its a piece of cake as you get used to it and as your gums heal.

Back