• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Interview day!

• Thread starter Scared all the time
  • Start date
S

Scared all the time

Well tomorrow is my appointment with the Endodontist ?going to see what he has to say. Whether I want to hire him or not ?. It all goes well this will more then likely be my last visit here. Unless of course I choose the implant route and have more questions I don’t seem to get answers from where I should be getting them ? my dentist! I never had dental phobias ( other then the normal losing my teeth and extractions) the descent extraction brought on fears for me. I will say I have learned more here then at my current dental office so stumbling across this forum has been a godsend for me. You are all wonderful here and very supportive I hope everyone finds peace in their dental situations. This forum has given me back my strength and courage I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!! Keep strong and fighting for yourselves. Don’t settle you deserve the beat treatment no matter what you situation may be ❤️

Last edited:
I hope your appt goes well Scaredallthe time! I hope it gives you the peace and clarity you need to deicde what to do! and they treat you very kindly. Let us know how it goes :)

Best of luck to you! Please keep us posted-I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

Good luck! I hope everything goes well.

Thanks for sharing encouragement and inspiration despite your fears... that is so very real! Fingers crossed for you!

Well big update! He’s definitely a keeper and I’m a hard person to impress! He first apologized for my wait ( wasn’t long) but I heard him with other patients he was with and I see why he may have been late, he took the time to explain everything and answer any questions they had. Impressive to say the least. He look at my xrays and examine me and asked if the tooth was removed due to crowding which surprised me, I told him no and explained my story in depth, wondering why he thought it was extracted due to crowding. Then asked if I ever consider adult braces. He went in to say that personally at the moment he would not consider an implant nor a bone graft, my mouth is small and Over crowded and he couldn’t see trying to squeeze an implant in an already crowded mouth I have one tooth that grew in sideways and just never thought anything of it over the years northerlies has any dentist I’ve ever been to. He suggested an orthodontic consultation first thinking that maybe it may be enough to close that gap once the teeth were properly aligned. Never thought of that but after looking and looking at the X-rays with him as he patiently explained everything to me I see that maybe a viable option. He said start there but more then likely that will be enough. He’s seen it in the past and it has been all that was needed. But if I had any questions or concerns to call him. He wrote up a detailed letter including xrays explaining everything to take to an orthodontist (he even suggested one if I want to use that he highly recommends) and said if they have any questions to call him. Just WOW he didn’t or try and sell me on an implant at this time or anything else. I heard him with other patients in the office too, he seem majorly concerned with healing and keeping their teeth unless it’s absolutely necessary. Quite impressed I was and that is hard to do! So next course is making my orthodontist appointment and see what he has to offer. ? I highly recommend Dr Bachstein if you live in New Jersey!! So if asked what is important to me in a dentist... honesty / and patience without a doubt.

Last edited:
Great news! My dentist suggested braces for me once my teeth are all fixed, to help align my bite. I had braces for 3 years as a teenager, but a few teeth moved out of place. I also have overcrowding and a small mouth. Yet I had 4 premolars extracted before braces.

Good luck on the orthodontist appointment!

Great news! My dentist suggested braces for me once my teeth are all fixed, to help align my bite. I had braces for 3 years as a teenager, but a few teeth moved out of place. I also have overcrowding and a small mouth. Yet I had 4 premolars extracted before braces.

Good luck on the orthodontist appointment!
I’m hoping this helps things for me. Glad things went well at your visit today too! We are on the road to a healthy mouth again I’m sure!!

That is so terrific! Congrats!

I highly recommend Dr Bachstein if you live in New Jersey!! So if asked what is important to me in a dentist... honesty / and patience without a doubt.

Glad to read your appointment went this well! Orthodontic treatment to close the gap sounds great, do keep us posted!
We have a recommendation section here on the forum, if you would like to write a review for him.

Scared,

Just have to say wow.! Seems like your dentist was compassionate, thorough, understanding, competant and very honest, and really wanted to make sure you totally understand and are set. This sounds great!! really does sound quite impressive and a keeper! All the best in your follow up on this.. keep us in the loop :)

Just an update and truly more then likely my last visit here. The upper 2nd molar I had extracted in Jan due to an infection that would not go away, seems to be healing well. I don’t even realize it’s gone the odd feeling I had ( felt the first molar against my cheek all the time ect) is long since gone. My plans are to investigate braces to close up some of the gap and straighten the rest of my teeth, but if I don’t go that route it’s not the end of the world. Anyway thanks a millions to each and everyone that has responded to my frantic inexperienced posts you have all been such an emormous help for my mental state. As I’ve state before I really don’t have a dental phobia other then the norm of losing permanent teeth so I really don’t belong here anymore. My anxiety over the lost tooth is gone and life has resumed. I hope everyone here finds dental peace and happiness in your journey’s Remember you are always 100% in charge and nothing can’t be done without your ok and if your not ok get second and third opinions search for a new compassionate dentist if needed don’t settle you deserve the best regards of your situation. Thanks again everyone!

What a kind and inspirational note. Wishing you so much luck, and thanks for spreading the 'you can conquer this too' vibes by showing us it can be done! So happy for you.

Best of luck with the braces! So glad you have gotten used to the missing tooth.

Back