• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Interview for radio feature

L

lene

:) Hello! I'm doing a short, humorous feature about people suffering from dentist fear, I will also be interviewing dentists handling phobic patients. Would you be interested in being interviewed about your anxiety, please contact me on (0)789 433 7517 or email: [email protected]. Thanks!

Hi Lene,

could you explain a bit more what you have in mind?
lene said:
I'm doing a short, humorous feature about people suffering from dentist fear
Suffering from dental phobia isn't really "funny". Whilst we all have the capacity to laugh at ourselves, been laughed at by others and being made fun of is an entirely different matter!

At first sight, "doing a humerous feature" strikes me as an inappropriate way of dealing with a subject that for many people has a major negative impact on their daily life.

G.

How about a humorous feature on major depression?

Well I was thinking about doing it, I mean it's just so humorous :( I spend all day in pain I can't sleep through night. I hate to speak to people and only smile if I'm looking away. I cry if I even think about calling a dentist, oh and wait this was is just so funny you'll wet yourself laughing: once when I got to dentist and got in the chair, I shook and quaked and had so much fear I had to leave, that was so funny :confused:

I'm sure you are trying to be lighthearted and maybe even make people feel a bit better about dental anxiety but you just caught a nerve (you have those in your teeth too!) :)

It's not humorous it's tragic

Could you share the details of the 'phobia dentists' who have agreed to contribute....maybe we'll add them to our database :p?

Yes I am sorry but there is nothing funny about the way my fear makes me feel!! I wish you could walk a day in our shoes, you wouldnt want to uncover humourous stories as there isnt any!

Back