C
cmason
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2018
- Messages
- 1
Good afternoon,
I have just come back to the dentist and having 2 fillings. I have been very open with my dentist regarding my fear/anxiety, and must say they have been brilliant. I had to have fillings in my two bottom right molars, but my dentist was only able to fill a 'base layer' of the filling - now I have to go back in 3/4 months to have a review. During the filling, the dentist placed two types of gauze in my mouth (one cotton, one more like cotton wool/sponge) to collect the saliva to carry out the works. Both times I could not stop gagging (sorry tmi!) and now I feel like such a disappointment. I do not have a bad gag reflex as it is but I'm wondering if it was my nerves. My dentist said she did not want to make me so uncomfortable, and me gagging actually makes the job harder.
Has anyone got any advice for this? I do not want to be paying out £120 every 3/4 months to get a new base layer if I just cannot cope? I have had a filling in the past and never had anything like that in my mouth so just wanting some advice/opinions?
I have just come back to the dentist and having 2 fillings. I have been very open with my dentist regarding my fear/anxiety, and must say they have been brilliant. I had to have fillings in my two bottom right molars, but my dentist was only able to fill a 'base layer' of the filling - now I have to go back in 3/4 months to have a review. During the filling, the dentist placed two types of gauze in my mouth (one cotton, one more like cotton wool/sponge) to collect the saliva to carry out the works. Both times I could not stop gagging (sorry tmi!) and now I feel like such a disappointment. I do not have a bad gag reflex as it is but I'm wondering if it was my nerves. My dentist said she did not want to make me so uncomfortable, and me gagging actually makes the job harder.
Has anyone got any advice for this? I do not want to be paying out £120 every 3/4 months to get a new base layer if I just cannot cope? I have had a filling in the past and never had anything like that in my mouth so just wanting some advice/opinions?