I
IhateTMJ
Junior member
- Joined
- Jun 20, 2013
- Messages
- 1
First post here.
I’m 35 years old and have TMJ . I had an MRI last July and surgery has been recommended. I have very limited mouth opening (joint is damaged and in wrong position) and this makes it hard for me to get dental care.
I'm having dental pain, it might be a root canal(very back n mouth) or maybe it’s another tooth that is hurting (hard to tell) and I don’t know what I should do because of my limited mouth opening. I had an awful experience last year and the dentist was very uncaring and just rude, so now i'm scared and in more pain than my normal tmj pain. How do I find a dentist who can help me with this tooth that is bothering me when my mouth opening is so bad.
I'm wondering if maybe my oral and maxillofacial surgeon would know what to do since he understands TMJ.. I have not seen him in a while because I don't want to do the surgery recommends surgery for the tmj..
Any help would be great.
Thank You!!
I’m 35 years old and have TMJ . I had an MRI last July and surgery has been recommended. I have very limited mouth opening (joint is damaged and in wrong position) and this makes it hard for me to get dental care.
I'm having dental pain, it might be a root canal(very back n mouth) or maybe it’s another tooth that is hurting (hard to tell) and I don’t know what I should do because of my limited mouth opening. I had an awful experience last year and the dentist was very uncaring and just rude, so now i'm scared and in more pain than my normal tmj pain. How do I find a dentist who can help me with this tooth that is bothering me when my mouth opening is so bad.
I'm wondering if maybe my oral and maxillofacial surgeon would know what to do since he understands TMJ.. I have not seen him in a while because I don't want to do the surgery recommends surgery for the tmj..
Any help would be great.
Thank You!!