• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Looking for a friend going through the same

  • Thread starter Thread starter had-enough
  • Start date Start date
H

had-enough

Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
62
Location
newcastle upon tyne
Hi all. Firstly im having all of my back teeth pulled and replaced with partial dentures :( I am only 25 and looking for someone going through the same so young to talk too as im finding it very hard to deal with. Any help will be appreciated
claire
 
Hi Claire,

I am having 7 teeth extracted today and will be having partial dentures, I am 41. Hope I can be here for you to talk to? I think the actual thought of partial dentures is really not so bad - to be able to smile and feel confident and hopefully have no more pain/sleepless nights outweighs anything else.

Speak soon. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
Hi Claire! I very recently had all my teeth out, and full dentures, and I'm 24. There's plenty of people around in the same boat as you and me. I know it's hard to deal with, and I know how it feels to be losing teeth when you're young. You feel like it's much worse, because young people are supposed to have all healthy teeth, right? We associate tooth loss with old age.

But that's not always the case, and it's not the case for us. But that's okay and actually not a big deal in the end. I thought it would be, but it's not really. We can talk about it if you want :)
 
Hey. Im 32, Im not getting replacement teeth but i am getting few back teeth removed. So far this month,i have gotten three extractions. I have anxiety with going to the dentist and this app has been a positive forum and outlet for me. How are you doing?
 
Hi all. Firstly im having all of my back teeth pulled and replaced with partial dentures :( I am only 25 and looking for someone going through the same so young to talk too as im finding it very hard to deal with. Any help will be appreciated
claire

i'm 25 and am going to have 14 or 15 extractions(pretty sure at least a few will be surgical in nature. ARGH!), a trio of fillings, and then upper and lower partials. Molds were done about 2 weeks ago and have been climbing the wall ever since.

Got bad genetics in the family plus I was a teeth grinder when I was younger and the dentist i'm currently going to revealed that the dentist I went to when I was younger lied about it NOT affecting my teeth when I got older.
 
Hi Claire

I am a wee bit older than you, but do have children of a similar age to you, so can just imagine how worried you must be, as you say, you are very young, and this is all very traumatic.

I went for years with just eleven front teeth (and they were very dodgy crowns, as I had had them for years) which was obviously not ideal, but managed. You are young, and will find that you will be more resillient thanyou could ever imagine.

Yes it will take time to get used to, but you will get there - just dont think you will run before you can crawl.

Keep us updated.

Kim xx
 
I'm sure you posted on my thread that ended up being a journal chick. I know I'm a bit older, but at 33 I have a full upper and will soon get my lower partial. If you wanna know anything just yell/pm me. I'm not around so much now and that's actually a great thing, it means my life improved... massively.

You're doing the right thing, it's also the best thing.

When you look in the mirror and smile now, I bet you don't feel too good. I felt rotten. Now I smile non stop and I don't shy away from the camera! Eating, well, it's a challenge for sure but my teeth were so bad I avoided most things, now I'm even eating peanuts and celery!

Seriously, yell if you wanna know something :)
 
Hi all im not doing great to be honest feeling very down in the dumps and depressed. I think in a way I am more scared of the extractions and healing time then the actual partials.

Thanks for all the lovely comments from you all its nice (in a sadistic way) that im not the only 25yo going through this.

Sevena and ACNLGal2013

could we pm/email?
Finding myself trying to get all my answers on google and going round and round in circles so much that im tormenting myself :(

Soontobeslim... yes I did comment a while back and been up and down about the situation ever since. Now im working full time and worrying about needing more time off (i dont get holiday pay - self employed) cant seem to snap myself out of it

hopefully one day in the future when im all sorted ill be able to be a friend to someone whos feeling the way I am right now

hope everyones okay! Xxx
 
Sure. I'm up to private messaging through this site and maybe even some emailing but we'd have to make sure to have a proper subject topic in the subject section b/c I keep getting spam email from somewhere.
 
Update time:

am officially freaking out! Just got call from office. partials are READY, I've scheduled it for appointment scheduled for Monday at 9 am only for the sake of getting it over with since they don't do Appointments on Thursday or friday(I am NOT a morning person and can be very unpleasant if woken up too early), and they will be calling in the valium to the pharmacy today.

Am planning on making a longer post on my journal soon. this'll be my first real chapter in 2 weeks. Lately has just been thought posts.
 
Hello,
I just got back from the Dentist today and I need to have 4 back teeth extracted I will need partials and eventually dental implant. I feel numb. I feel sad and a little ashamed of what I did to my teeth.
I know I am strong and I can get through this. I do not have anybody to talk to and I REALLY relate to you.
I need a friend too.:shame:
Please PM me or send me an e-mail.

Your Friend
Kathy
Hi all. Firstly im having all of my back teeth pulled and replaced with partial dentures :( I am only 25 and looking for someone going through the same so young to talk too as im finding it very hard to deal with. Any help will be appreciated
claire
 
Hello,
I just got back from the Dentist today and I need to have 4 back teeth extracted I will need partials and eventually dental implant. I feel numb. I feel sad and a little ashamed of what I did to my teeth.
I know I am strong and I can get through this. I do not have anybody to talk to and I REALLY relate to you.
I need a friend too.:shame:
Please PM me or send me an e-mail.

Your Friend
Kathy

You could drop me a PM anytime you want to.
 
Update time:

am officially freaking out! Just got call from office. partials are READY, I've scheduled appointment scheduled for Monday at 9 am only for the sake of getting it over with since they don't do Appointments on Thursday or friday(I am NOT a morning person and can be very unpleasant if woken up too early), and they will be calling in the valium to the pharmacy today.

Am planning on making a longer post on my journal soon. this'll be my first real chapter in 2 weeks. Lately has just been thought posts.

Hey, just think though soon you will have lovely teeth without pain/worry (wish I could take my own advice) lol so are you grtting immediate partials? I wish I could even make it to as far as you lol hope your keeping well
:thumbsup:
 
Hey. I am 25 also. I had a bridge placed a month ago and I need a few more fillings. I have lost much weight because of depression about my teeth. The thought of eating and feeling the pain I felt scares me. It is good to find someone to talk to. I have bad days and ok ones but I pray it gets better for the both of us because I can't go on like this much longer.
 
Hey, just think though soon you will have lovely teeth without pain/worry (wish I could take my own advice) lol so are you grtting immediate partials? I wish I could even make it to as far as you lol hope your keeping well
:thumbsup:

getting immediate partials, plastic top, metal bottom. 9 am appointment... on one hand, it'll be nice to get it over with in the morning, on the other hand, that means that i'll have to be awake no later then 7:15 or 7:30ish and i'm not a morning person! :mad:

Actually as far as my current real teeth, and here's the weird thing, I don't have pain from them at the moment even though they are in kind of bad shape(image available in post 2 of my journal). I just made a few changes in eating habits and I don't really have a problem.

However, the REAL challenge will be relearning how to eat afterwards! I've spent somewhere in the ball park of the last probably 6+ years perfecting my techniques of how to eat, what to eat, what to avoid, etc.
 
ACNLGal201927 said:
getting immediate partials, plastic top, metal bottom. 9 am appointment... on one hand, it'll be nice to get it over with in the morning, on the other hand, that means that i'll have to be awake no later then 7:15 or 7:30ish and i'm not a morning person! :mad:

Actually as far as my current real teeth, and here's the weird thing, I don't have pain from them at the moment even though they are in kind of bad shape(image available in post 2 of my journal). I just made a few changes in eating habits and I don't really have a problem.

However, the REAL challenge will be relearning how to eat afterwards! I've spent somewhere in the ball park of the last probably 6+ years perfecting my techniques of how to eat, what to eat, what to avoid, etc.



Hey, least a 9am appointment gives you less time to stress on the morning before hand. Are you going to be awake for the extractions? My teeth are in a bad way and generally i dont have any pain either touch wood! Strange isnt it. I need to pull my finger out and get cracking I think. Well done on for getting this far though you're a real inspiration

hope your well! :jump: :grin:
 
Hey, least a 9am appointment gives you less time to stress on the morning before hand. Are you going to be awake for the extractions? My teeth are in a bad way and generally i dont have any pain either touch wood! Strange isnt it. I need to pull my finger out and get cracking I think. Well done on for getting this far though you're a real inspiration

hope your well! :jump: :grin:

As far as I know, it'll be the same as the deep cleaning. I'll have 10 mg of valium to take b4 hand(got it), then i'll get the numbing gel there, followed by local numbing shots, then laughing gas. This time though I have a personal FM radio to listen to so I can drown out the sounds. It wasn't that bad the first time but this time is 3 fillings and about 14 extractions and I DON'T want to listen to that happening. I found a really neat personal FM at dollar general for 6 bucks and i'm going to borrow earbuds that are a little better suited for blocking out more outside sound.

except for the fact that I want to get it done and over with, I would of asked for an appointment a little later then 9 am since I am NOT an early bird!!! no clue how long it'll take but the Deep cleaning was about an hour and a half and thankfully I slept through most of that.
 
this mornings the morning(it's 12:20 AM here). In just over 8.5 hours, I should be getting prepped for the procedure.

:hidesbehindsofa:
 
Hey, just think though soon you will have lovely teeth without pain/worry (wish I could take my own advice) lol so are you grtting immediate partials? I wish I could even make it to as far as you lol hope your keeping well
:thumbsup:

Went today, but there was a change of plans.

Turns out my partials aren't going ready to be ready until the 6th but I did get to make the call on if I wanted to go through the extractions today.

Chose to go through with it while we were there but I could only get the top done since the bottoms are the metal ones and they were worried about things shifting around post extractions w/o the partials. So I have a 10 am appointment for the bottom work next week. I hate that I have to go again for the rest of the extractions but I guess that being half done is better then nothing

Got the top done. 7 extractions: 4 in the front, 1 right side, 2 left side. Feeling ok and finally stopped with the excess saliva about 4 hours ago hours ago. Most of the gauze changes I had to do since we got back was a result of the gauze getting all slimed up. YUCK.

Forgot to grab a baby toothbrush(you know, the ones with extra soft bristles) so I can clean the top teeth I have left tomorrow plus my bottom teeth but should be able to get that tonight.

FM radio worked pretty well at blocking out the majority of the noises but boy was there weird sensations going on.
 
Got my lower extractions, fillings, and upper and lowers yesterday. Having to go back this morning to see if thy can do ANY bottom adjustment since the thing keeps shifting and something is poking me in the back of my mouth. :mad:
 
Back
Top