• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Much needed Help.

K

Kytxtie

Hello there, :waves:
I'm new here, so i thought i might as well break the ice with a really important question/concern i have;

Here it goes;

Alright,
So this morning i had a dental appointment to fill in 2 cavity's that i have
Sounds easy, right?
.. So wrong ..

She asked her assistant for some floss looking type metal and started to go to town on my two front teeth where my cavity's were that she had just filled in. I told her to stop several times because when i saw that there was a spec of blood on my glasses lens i freaked out. She told me that my front teeth were getting cloudy or something (which i don't think was true because i saw no sign of my two front teeth being cloudy) and basically refused to talk to me when she was done because she had a phone call.

I'm just wondering if anyone would have an answer as to what did to me? or if anyone has ever had it done?

Help much needed!
Thanks.

So are you saying she didn't stop when you asked her to?:grouphug:

I was wondering the same thing as Brit?

It sounds as if the dentist maybe used one of those little strip of sandpaper-like ribbon thingies to ensure that the fillings weren't stuck together, so that you can floss. Don't know why she wasn't able to explain this though :(.

There are metal sanding strips called "Lightning Strips" which come in different grits. It's basically like sandpaper and is used to adjust the surface of fillings in between the teeth. I have some, but I never use them as I prefer the plastic type.

A little bit of bleeding specking around isn't a big concern as things do sometimes get a little bleedy when working around the gums. I would be a bit concerned that your dentist doesn't seem to be listening to you for some reason.

Thank you guys for responding!
I've since then switched dentists because that woman was just insane >.<

Back