• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need to have tori removed...help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nelson8989
  • Start date Start date
N

Nelson8989

Junior member
Joined
Jan 7, 2010
Messages
2
I've finally had my back teeth removed and am going to get partial dentures but now my dentist says I have three areas of tori that have to be taken out.
Has anyone had this type of surgery? I am terribly scared and have put it off for almost a year.

Any help would be appreciated! Also, can this be done by a regular dentist instead of an oral surgeon? It's my regular dentist who says he will be doing it.
 
Some people on here have had it done. You might get more answers in the Support area though.

It's not fantastically difficult surgery to do, if your general dentist likes doing minor surgery then I'm sure it'll be well within his competence to do it.
 
Back
Top