• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

new here and seeking some answers fast

• Thread starter Troublesometeeth
  • Start date
T

Troublesometeeth

Hello everyone.

I'll start by giving an introduction. My name is Jess and I am 23 years old. 8 months ago I moved from the UK to Sweden to be with my boyfriend. It is just typical that my teeth problems would begin just after I move here where I have no job, can't speak the language and no insurance. Anyway I can't exactly remember when the issues started per se... my wisdom teeth started cutting through a couple of years ago I think (2 top ones both at the same time). I remember chewing on popsicles back then because there was a numbing feeling and I felt the urge to bite and I became dribbly. I didn't really notice when the teeth cut through the gums. The real issues started around 5-6 months ago. I started have a bit of toothache that went away with pain medication. It lasted just a few days then went away for 4-6 weeks. However for the last 4 months it's been getting worse and worse. My wisdom teeth are still cutting through part of the gum line. They are growing in at an angle pointing outwards towards the cheek. I remember pushing on my left one months ago with a pen just to relieve the pressure pain feeling and some of the tooth crumbled away. I looked at it and it was white and chalky. No discolouration. The pain went away as soon as that happened. The pain has since come back. My left wisdom tooth is slowly rotting away and is cracked right down the middle. The right one feels like it might be going the same way. Every time the pain comes back now it lasts for a week or 2 then disappears. I have a general unwell feeling. When I feel around with my tongue there is sometimes a bitter taste coming from the teeth. When I push down on both teeth there is a sharp pain that happens inside the teeth. I managed to visit a dentist almost 2 weeks ago. It was a huge step for me as I haven't been to one for 12 years. I didn't sit in the chair and I didn't let her look in my mouth. I was certain I had pericoronitis disease so she gave me antibiotics. I've just finished those 3 days ago and there's no change. I'm now suspecting dental abscesses on both sides. New symptoms now. My jaw is stiff a lot of the time and there is often pain when I chew food. My 2nd molars are both being affected too. I get sharp shooting pains in my left ear and eye and left temple every day a few times a day. There is brown discolorationg that I can see on the teeth. I want to get to the hospital under general anaesthetic and have the 2 teeth removed. That's £600 that I just don't have. I'm afraid to go back to the dentist but I know if it is abscess I'll die if this continues. I have a huge issue with letting dentists look in my mouth because it makes me feel sick and I've got a fear of vomiting.

What the hell do I do? I can't even afford to visit the dentist because that costs too and returning to England isn't an option because I'd be homeless and that would cost even even more money.

I forgot to mention that my dental hygiene was always poor and I've only just recently started improving it by brushing 2-3 times a day. I honestly don't know what to do about such bad anxiety and nausea over this whole situation. I'm going to see a doctor on Friday so I'm hoping I'll get some anti anxiety meds. Since the dentist is in the same place maybe I'll just wander in and see if I can be seen. For some reason I get more anxious if I have a fixed appointment. My teeth were all good up until these started invading my mouth and now my bottom left is starting to appear too though no recall issues with that yet.

Knew I forgot to mention one last thing. Sometimes I'll feel a weird popping sensation in the tooth and it might give a bit of pain relief when this happens. I'm thinking this sounds more and more like abscesses but I don't know if its on one side or both.