• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

new to partial denture

M

miaa

hi new to this group
looking for advice and tips with partial dentures currently just had a lower partial denture fitted yesterday so currently on day 2 and starting to swill with aired salt water and tried to remove the partial denture and it's stuck so stressed agitated and upset tbh any help advice or tips would be appreciated tia

Hi Miaa, sorry I can’t help Personally (although I am thinking I might need one when I pluck up courage to get to the dentist) but my friend at work had one fitted a couple of months ago and although there were a few problems the first couple of weeks they have really settled down and she is not having any problems at all. I hope you have got it out and you’re ok. i have been doing lots of research and there’s loads of information out there so if you don’t get any advice on here for a while have a google

thank you for the reply having it done really wasn't any problem at all was all simple and quickly done in 30 minutes and considering myself lucky to have no pain or soreness what so ever just a little mortified at moment because they look like horse teeth and are slightly raised higher then my natural teeth ?

I bet they don’t look as bad as you think you know ? and I’m sure they will settle and go lower. So glad to hear it went so well and you’re not in any pain... x

Hi and welcome miaa,

from reading around here I know that many people struggle with removing their denture the first time. Glad it worked out for you now. If the partial was fittet straight after extractions, it will need a bit of time for your gums to recover and allow the denture to fit like it's supposed to. This might need few adjustments from your dentist as well, so do not panic if things do not look like they are supposed to yet.

All the best wishes

Back