• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Nhs and private?

I

Icandoit141128

Hi, basically I've had some problems with my nhs dentsl care currently, so am debating going private with the intention of having private check ups in between my 12-15 monthly short pointless check up provided by the NHS. Is it possible to be registered with both an nhs and a seperate private practice? If so can I get private check ups and cleans in between my usual nhs appointments? How would this work if any work needed was identified at the private practice, would I have to get it done privately or could I go to nhs and say 'this has been identified by a private dentist' and have them fix it?

Thanks

You can see as many dentists as you want but a dentist will only work on what he thinks needs doing. They won't work from another dentists opinion. They may still do the work if they examine you and agree but the trick is to get two dentists to agree with each other.

Ah okay, thanks!

If you see any other dentists it is up to you to listen to what they say and you decide if it sounds right and feels right.

It is not easy :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:

Back