• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

On the brink of having last upper 6 teeth out :-(

L

Leftie

A long story that started out three years ago with allergy symptoms of constant runny nose. A dental phobic who had rotten teeth, having tried to find a cure for my dodgy sinus I had read that an ENT would suggest a visit to Dentist if they saw teeth as dodgy as mine were, so I started out this journey in 2013

Having been told from my original OPT x-ray that the teeth were not to blame in June 2013 I started a journey on putting my teeth right the final part I had 5 teeth crowned and two made in to bridge posts in one session in June 2014. One of the teeth crowned had a substantial infection, all around it and the other two that were not crowned at the rear were also infected and one had its root & infection in the sinus. I assume this is what bought on my sudden "allergy symptoms" 3 years ago I have never had a toothache nor any gum boils and I have very healthy looking gums. This started of some strange and weird pain and facial sensations

To see the infections post crowning and complaining of feeling ill and strange facial and sinus sensations and red face with a drooping eye I had to have a CBCT Scan done. This is after having a root canal on my canine tooth (which was alive and kicking still) as it was getting referred pain form the infection next door :(

I have spent almost since July on antibiotics, if I have a short period off I go downhill very quickly.

I have seen 3 Dentists in total, 3 MaxFax, 2 GP's and an ENT. The ENT was whenI first stopped antibiotics when I was told for the second time it was atypical and to my surprise I had perfect sinuses but he did see a grey green puss in my left bottom part of my nose and red inflamed tissue and he said it was ostetis by my canine and upper front, this was in Sept and was very close to where my main symptoms are.

The GP, and two of the Maxfax consultant diagnosed Atypical Facial pain and I have three different prescriptions for two types of Tricyclic antidepressant's. Which I refuse to take due to how much worse it gets within 24 hours of stopping antibiotics.

The last Maxfax who I saw last week and read the whole three page story believes it is a chronic infection of unknown origin, and suggested removal of my remaining upper teeth (two of which he stated would have been high risk crowns as they were heavily filled years ago) I have spent near on 7-8k on the original dental work and CT/CBBT and Consultants\Dentists. It would be hoped this would remove the source, but if not it has also removed them as potential and then it would have to a upper jaw infection of some sort. Every x-ray since this started apart from one tooth out of the infected three didn't show an infection. The remaining six are the same they have been x-rayed and look ok :(

I had one last CBCT to see what the previous three extraction site are like from July this year, as they were so close or in my sinus the dentist told me he couldn't risk debriding them. (not had that result back)

At my wits end if it was not for Christmas I would have had them out, the only reason I didn't make that booking was the thought if something was wrong afterwards everywhere would be closed for 5 days.

Not really sure why I am posting this, just that it has been a nightmare 6 months, without an end in sight

It is good to get things off our chest and be able to tell others our problems and how we feel. I wish you all the best, and hope that in the new year you can manage to get your mouth sorted out. Have the best Christmas you can :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::hug5::hug5::hug5::there-there::there-there::friends::hug4::hug4::hug4::butterfly:

Back