• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain a couple of days after deep cleaning

B

bebrave

I had the first half (bottom teeth) of a deep cleaning on Monday. The first couple of days were great...not sore at all. Then on Wednesday evening I started having pain on one area. It is not constant and not severe. Just a tinge of pain every now and then. Is this normal? My daughter said the dentist told her she could have pain off and on for two or three weeks. Has anyone else had this problem? I had no pain at all before the deep cleaning so I am thinking it is related.:confused:

Maybe something is healing from the cleaning? Are you more hot or cold sensitive? I think you said that you go on Monday for the top teeth to be deep cleaned. If so, be sure to ask them about it. If it gets worse then I would call, it being Friday it's better to be safe then sorry with the weekend coming.

Are you more hot or cold sensitive?

This is my thinking. After a deep cleaning, your gums "calm down" and more of your teeth can be exposed. The newly exposed teeth can be very sensitive to hot or cold things, so be careful with that.

Definitely talk to your dentist so you can pinpoint why this happening.

Back