• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain and nose running after filling

Y

Yorkiegal

Hi
i had fillings on two front teeth 5 days ago and I've had pain in my left nostril ever since and my nose won't stop running. The teeth don't hurt at all. The dentist had to remove quite a lot of the black tops of both teeth. Is this just a case of waiting for it to wear off? I'm back for more fillings in a week. I also have trigeminal neuralgia although my dentist disputes this diagnosis and is convinced it was just pain from my rotten teeth.
btw after 20 years without any dental treatment due to fear I have now had all my back teeth removed, several impressions done for partial plates and now the front fillings. It's taken 12 appointments so far because they're taking it slowly. It's a special NHS clinic for patients with mental health problems and my dentist is amazing. I've done it all without sedation, just diazapam.

Well done you on facing up to your fears and getting over them.

Honestly, it's impossible to answer your question here, best thing is to give your practice a ring and ask them, they won't mind :)

Back