• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain when I push beside my nose from my canine tooth

V

Victactoria

Hi, I had a filling done on my right canine about seven months ago. Since then it's felt really weird.like it's in the way of my other teeth or something. Also just recently I have noticed that when I push on my face right above my tooth (close to my nose) it feels like I am pushing into the tooth or something. It's a really odd feeling and hard to describe. It almost feels like the tooth has moved like it's been pushed out. Could it be they went too deep when they were drilling? I wouldn't doubt that because that dentist was terribly incompetent. I had to go back seven times for the same teeth. Unfortunately it was the only one in town. Thanks for any response!!

Hi it sounds like the bite may be a bit high. Did your dentist do a bite test, they usually use a bit of black paper stuff and get you to bite down on it. They can then file the filling down a bit so that your teeth meet up properly. :butterfly:

Yes they did do a bite test. I was thinking that too. Thank you so much for responding :)

Could you have an infection under the tooth. I would go back to the dentist until they find the problem if it is causing you problems. You could always go out of town and see another dentist for a second opinion if that is possible. :butterfly:

Back