• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Partial denture broke! Need advice ASAP

M

Marty23

Hi guys,

I have an immediate partial denture and i have had this for the last 3 weeks. The last few days they have finally fitted quite well in my mouth. Unfortunately i dropped it a few days ago and i have only realized now that i think a very small piece has broke off. (I am back to work today so i had to put it in and it immediately felt strange and did not fit right).

I checked in the bathroom on my break and i am 99.9% sure that a small piece has broke off. Im gutted as it will finally starting to fit well. It does not feel right at all...

I have a holiday on the 15th of FEB and i am unable to get to the dentist until Wednesday 8th FEB due to working 12 hour dayshifts.

Can the dentist sort this out quickly? I really want to go onto this holiday and if it cant be sorted then i will have to cancel and i have been looking forward to this for ages. I found out i needed my 2 front teeth extracted after i booked the holiday so its not fair. I have went through a lot the last few weeks, i'm 23, had my 2 front teeth extracted and immediate partial dentures fitted. I HATED them at the start and as soon as they finally started to fit this happens...

So the question basically is if i go on Wednesday, is a week long enough to get it repaired? Even if i need a brand new set? I will explain to my dentist that i have a holiday and i need it sorted. I really have no luck at all.

Thanks in advance for the replies, i'm super stressed now.

Last edited:
Do not repair this with glue! You will need a new denture if you try this.

If your dentist has a good dental lab then they might be able to have this repaired within 1-2 working days.

Do not repair this with glue! You will need a new denture if you try this.

If your dentist has a good dental lab then they might be able to have this repaired within 1-2 working days.

Absolutely right
I would fix it same day in my office.

Back