• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

periodontitis and tooth discoloration

K

Kathi2

Junior member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
1
Location
Germany
Hello, I was diagnosed with periodontitis about 2 weeks ago. I went to a new dentist and I'm worried that the diagnosis might not be correct. Does it look like periodontitis on my lower incisors?

If I have root planing and cleaning done, will the yellow discoloration on my teeth go away? Especially behind my upper incisors? The last time I went to the dentist was 5 years ago and had my teeth cleaned. But the yellow spots couldn't be removed that way either. What can I do and how does the dentist remove such yellow spots and discoloration?
Thank you for your answer.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20241102_003902_960.jpg
    IMG_20241102_003902_960.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20241102_003904_289.jpg
    IMG_20241102_003904_289.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20241102_003907_866.jpg
    IMG_20241102_003907_866.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20241105_224653_896.jpg
    IMG_20241105_224653_896.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 9
You can't diagnose periodontal disease from photographs.
The yellow marks look mostly like staining so I'd expect them to be removed mostly during polishing the teeth.
 
Back
Top