S
stephenry
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 4, 2014
- Messages
- 1
Looking for some advice:
In 2013 I had a root-canal and a porcelain crown fitted. In doing so, I ran into a number of problems:
1) On the first attempt for the crown-fitting, the crown wouldn't fit. In fact, it was a very poor fit.
2) Paid for a second crown, poor fit; it was attached.
3) Approximately 3 months later, the crown split.
4) Return to original dentist, who replaced crown with porcelain on mental (to be stronger, apparently). Again, didn't fit. (cost covered by the dentist).
5) Had another crown made (cost covered by the dentist), again very poor fit. Dentist spend around 1hr grinding the crown down and attached it (when the next patient arrived).
6) Today, around three months later the crown remains high and has begun to give me some trouble. Strangely it can be somewhat painful despite having had a root canal.
I am considering having the crown replaced by my new dentist. I don't like the prospect of having to pay for the crown again and feel that the original dentist is at fault for my situation. I cannot go on however with the discomfort that I'm in at the moment.
What advice would you give me in this situation?
In 2013 I had a root-canal and a porcelain crown fitted. In doing so, I ran into a number of problems:
1) On the first attempt for the crown-fitting, the crown wouldn't fit. In fact, it was a very poor fit.
2) Paid for a second crown, poor fit; it was attached.
3) Approximately 3 months later, the crown split.
4) Return to original dentist, who replaced crown with porcelain on mental (to be stronger, apparently). Again, didn't fit. (cost covered by the dentist).
5) Had another crown made (cost covered by the dentist), again very poor fit. Dentist spend around 1hr grinding the crown down and attached it (when the next patient arrived).
6) Today, around three months later the crown remains high and has begun to give me some trouble. Strangely it can be somewhat painful despite having had a root canal.
I am considering having the crown replaced by my new dentist. I don't like the prospect of having to pay for the crown again and feel that the original dentist is at fault for my situation. I cannot go on however with the discomfort that I'm in at the moment.
What advice would you give me in this situation?
