• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pressure pain on temp crown, will the fitted crown be any better ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Angelt
  • Start date Start date
A

Angelt

Junior member
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Messages
3
Location
Weymouth Dorset
I have a crack in the back of a molar.
This was checked after removing a filling to find it then re-filling it until I had an appointment to start work for the crown.
My jaw was still hurting when I went in last Thursday and I couldn’t eat on that side as it was nervy.

I had prep work done for a crown to be fitted on the 23rd.
God the pain in my tooth was bad before the local wore off, I’m dreading the actual crown.

My question is, if the filling was nervy if I had say a seed in it and bit down,and the temp crown is nervy then surely the crown will have the same issue ? Or am I missing something ?
Also does a proper fitted crown feel as alien as this temp thing over my tooth into my gum ?
T,I.A
 
My question is, if the filling was nervy if I had say a seed in it and bit down,and the temp crown is nervy then surely the crown will have the same issue ? Or am I missing something ?
Depends what was causing the symptoms in the first place, it's hard to be clear from your description, sorry.

Also does a proper fitted crown feel as alien as this temp thing over my tooth into my gum ?
No, it should feel a lot smoother and more natural.
 
@Gordon For some reason it’s not put the whole question on there. It was nervy with the filling because the tooth has a crack in it.
 
@Gordon Thankyou for the reply.
I’m totally dreading it.
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, one of them was a bit more difficult to numb and get out.
Before I even got out of the maxilo facial at the hospital.
I was in sooo much pain I wanted to knock my head of a brink wall to become unconscious. 😭 my left side seems to be the issue in all cases.
 
Back
Top