• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question about infection, bad tooth smell, half pull of tooth and lightheadedness

S

Smellslikeralph

Question about infection, bad tooth smell, half pull of tooth and lightheadedness

OK where to begin I have always had bad teeth because I'm an idiot and never go to the dentist. The tooth in question over time got worse. Got infected once and used antibiotics to clear the infection. After the infection was clear I decided good enough let it go.

Well over time the tooth kept breaking and breaking then started to smell to bad that all I smell and taste is nastiness in my mouth.

3 months ago I decided to pull the tooth on my own which in turn was stupid because I never got the full tooth out. Now I still have the nasty breathe, it's super tender to touch the tooth. I don't have any real pain tho. The tooth does bleed at various times in the night and during the day

My question is this 5 weeks ago I woke up lightheaded and just overall sick and have been struggling with lightheadedness and all day long.

I have a dentist apt tomorrow to get it looked at. Do you think I could have caused a serious infection? I don't have any real pain tho that is associated with infections.

I have never heard to tooth infection causing 24/7 lightheadedness tho unless I really caused some crazy infection.

Re: Question about infection, bad tooth smell, half pull of tooth and lightheadedness

Hi welcome to the forum.

I think you do have an infection in the tooth root and it can cause you to feel ill. It shouldn't have spread anywhere else but you will find that you feel much better when it has been removed and the infection has gone. The dentist will probably give you some antibiotics and have you go back for treatment :butterfly:

Re: Question about infection, bad tooth smell, half pull of tooth and lightheadedness

I went to the dentist and I have x2 very bad infections in the tooth I tried to pull and the one right next to it. he put me on clindamycin every 6 hours for 7 days then I have to go get both teeth pulled immediately after.

he told me that If I didnt try to pull the tooth out myself and break the crown I could of easily had him do it there but now I have to go to an oral surgeon because he cant get access to the tooth because the gums grew over the tooth. Os instead of it being like 75-125 to pull now its gonna cost me 250.

I am pleased that you managed to see a dentist and that you are on the mend. The antibiotics could upset your stomach a bit the way around this is to take something dairy with it. The pro-biotic drinks are very good at this or a small piece of cheese, or milk.

All the best for your future treatment :butterfly:

I started taking pb8 probiotics x 2 a day 14 billion. I had an allergic reaction to the clindamycin I was having difficulty breathing sohi is prescribing me something new but I am not sure what it is yet. Oral surgeon to pull the one tooth that has to be cut out is 250

They started me on zpack

Last edited:
Back