• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

question(s) about a minor tiny chipped tooth

Yourbigpalal83

Yourbigpalal83

hey guys, ya know me, always panicing,

but this time, its not over nothing new. Ive 23, and ive had this minor chip (i wouldent even call it a "chip", more of a edge dent) in my front tooth since i was 12 thanks to a swift kick in the mouth by my brother. Now, im 23, as far as i can tell, it hasnt gotten any worse (i think his foot just shaved off a bit of the enamal, no cracks or anything, it just looks like a small dent, and u gota even get close to see it) but, im wondering, should i get it fixed, will it one day get worse? it hasnt gotten worse as far as i can tell within 11 years of use (and some abuse, with all the diet soda i used to drink intill the begining of this year) and if so, how would they fix it, drop a bit of resin on it and smooth it out? I doubt im in need of a cap or a vener. Hell, i even think painting it, (or what ever they call it) would fill it in.

also, since im on medicade, is it covered, how do they do it, and how much ballpark, would it rum me?

You are in the US? since it is probably more of a cosmetic issue rather than something like a filling I doubt medicaid would cover it, If it is that tiny I doubt it would cause you any problems. My brother chipped half his tooth off and they bonded it. He has had the bonding for 4 yaers now and it still looks great. Beats a $1500 veneer ;)

If the chip is very minor, the dentist will just need to smoothen it to make it look level. If there's a big chunk off the corner, it can be bonded with a simple filling. If it is half a tooth, you can have a veneer. So it all depends on the size of the chip and amount of money you want to spend.

its not even a full "chip", its more of a dent! i guess a chip would be part of it missing, well, it looks like just a tiny sliver is shaved off it

If the tiny dent is not affecting your look, the dentist will just polish up the rough edges. A very simple procedure.

Back