• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Questions about wisdom tooth extraction and anxiety

  • Thread starter Thread starter freakedout
  • Start date Start date
F

freakedout

Junior member
Joined
May 10, 2009
Messages
3
I suffer from EXTREME anxiety and also from panic attacks. I am very nervous about an upcoming oral surgery I am having 2 days from today. I am going to have IV sedation for 2 boney impacted wisdom teeth on the bottom. I am wondering if anyone can give me any insight or tips to deal with my anxiety and also let me know what to expect, from the pre-op to post-op. Should I request something for anxiety before the procedure? What should I expect for my pain level afterwards? Are patients typicially prescribed pain killers for post-op treatment? :-? I am a baby when it comes to anxiety and pain. [smiley=hiding.gif]


Any insight would be a great help.. thank you in advance!!
 


That is my success story... feel free to private message me if you have any questions.

Good luck:magicwand:
 
I had all 4 (impacted) wisdom teeth extracted in one apt, under IV sedation.

If you don't have a general needle phobia, the only discomfort is when the needle is put in your arm for the IV. Then, you won't remember anything else until it's over... and even then, you might not recall clearly the ride home either. I remembered when they said it was done, and also the ride home, but only very vaguely... like bits and pieces and time was still kind of messed up. I don't remember the actual wizzy extractions at all.... If I ever get to the point of needing a regular tooth extracted, surgical or not, I will opt for IV. That stuff is great! You will be fine!
 
Back
Top