• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Red spot on gum

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velma
  • Start date Start date
V

Velma

Junior member
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
1
Hi there..
I had an infection in my gum about a year ago, and was in so much pain, the dentist said I needed a root canal as well, so I was given anti biotics to clear the infection up before i had root canal.. a few months later I discovered a smooth lump at the top of my gum in line where I'd had root canal done, but thought nothing of it.. it's still there after all these months, but this morning when I cleaned my teeth it started to bleed..I'm a little worried, and would like some advice..

thanks!!!
 
You need to go and see your dentist sooner rather than later, I'm not a dentist but I've had similar problems, it sounds like you could have a bit of infection. So more antibiotics probably or removal of the tooth.
I wouldn't stress about it, but bleeding gums need looking at. Usually a crown is not put on a root canal after about 6 months, to make sure that all infection has gone and the tooth has settled.
If you have had it crowned it could still be saved. Go and see your dentist. All the best.
 
Back
Top