• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Replacement Fillings

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdels
  • Start date Start date
K

kdels

Junior member
Joined
Jan 27, 2025
Messages
2
Location
Rhode Isalnd
Hello, I am new here and was hoping for some guidance. I am getting 2 fillings this coming Thursday and was wondering if somehow I could have a reaction to the injection. I just had a filling at my dentist 7 months ago but I am always fearful of the needle or something changing in my body that would give me a severe reaction. I had changed dentists recently as mine has moved farther away and he used to do my fillings with no injections at all. I have seen this new dentist for a year now but have been too afraid to ask her to do my fillings without the injection. Are they going to force me to get the injection even if I don’t want it? I have a high pain tolerance but if it’s unbearable can I ask them to inject me? They are only replacements so I am thinking they will not be too painful. This is for tooth #3 and tooth #14
 
Are they going to force me to get the injection even if I don’t want it? I have a high pain tolerance but if it’s unbearable can I ask them to inject me?
No, nobody can force you to have anything you don't want to.
You can ask them to try without local if you want.

I'm not sure what kind of "reaction" you think you might have to local? You might find this page useful.
 
Thank you very much!! Reading that eased my mind a lot and appreciate you taking the time out of your day to respond.
 
Back
Top