• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Retained Root - scared

N

Nyxia

Hi, about six months ago, one of my molars was infected and had to be removed. During a routine checkup by another dentist as I had since switched doctors, a retained root was discovered. It's going to be removed next week and I am incredibly scared about the entire procedure. I was told it would not take long, I don't know that much else, though. Has anyone maybe gone through this and/or knows what it's like?

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

From what I understand from reading peoples posts on here a root is simple to remove, much easier than a whole tooth. The dentists on here also say this is so. It will probably take a few minutes if that with no pain. You will be numb and it will likely be lose from the bone anyway and I think this is why they are easier to remove.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Back