B
BostonBelle03
Member
- Joined
- Dec 22, 2012
- Messages
- 21
- Location
- Boston, Massachusetts
Hi everyone,
I had a bunch of teeth removed approximately 6 months ago and I am now starting to discuss implants with my oral surgeon. He is concerned about bone loss in one of the lower quadrants in my mouth and suggested doing a ridge split, which is basically where they cut through the bone lengthwise, widen it and then place the implants. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever had this procedure done and what kind of recovery I can expect from it? It sounds like a pretty invasive procedure, definitely more so than traditional implants. I had some pretty bad swelling after my extractions and had to take a week and a half off from work. Just wondering if I can expect a similar recovery, better/worse?
Also, does anybody know if this a technique that is commonly successful or are there often complications?
Thanks in advance for your help. I can't wait to start getting the implants placed!
xo,
Belle
I had a bunch of teeth removed approximately 6 months ago and I am now starting to discuss implants with my oral surgeon. He is concerned about bone loss in one of the lower quadrants in my mouth and suggested doing a ridge split, which is basically where they cut through the bone lengthwise, widen it and then place the implants. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever had this procedure done and what kind of recovery I can expect from it? It sounds like a pretty invasive procedure, definitely more so than traditional implants. I had some pretty bad swelling after my extractions and had to take a week and a half off from work. Just wondering if I can expect a similar recovery, better/worse?
Also, does anybody know if this a technique that is commonly successful or are there often complications?
Thanks in advance for your help. I can't wait to start getting the implants placed!
xo,
Belle