• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal issues?

M

Mayo

Hi, I had a root canal (2nd treatment since the first one didn't take) on #8 about 14 months ago and it went well.

Prior to my very first root canal on this tooth, I noticed I could feel this spot over the skin between my nose and my mouth where the infection was. It wasn't sensitive to the touch but it just felt different when touched, if that makes any sense. It's hard to explain, but after the root canal, it went away.

I'm noticing that the same or similar area has that feeling again. And I'm freaking out that the infection is back for a 3rd time. Is that usually indicative of the infection returning? I don't think I'm experiencing any other symptoms.

No it's not, at least from my personal experience. I have something similar above the upper left premolar I've had root treated, (very successful on X-ray and no sign of any other symptoms for the last 12 years...) so I think it's just a bit of a coincidence.

Back