• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

root canal root - anesthesia not working ! - urgent help needed !

D

dawit6

Hi - need to know if it me, the dentist or the anesthesia !
I went to a new dentists 2 weeks ago as a small bit of tooth had fallen off - the first thing was to have my teeth cleaned - which really really hurt - the next week I had a broken off tooth removed - had anesthesia but it didnt seem to work and I was screaming and crying in pain - I then felt really ill for 3 days with bad headache - this week I went to start the work on the root canal and rebuilding of the tooth where a bit had fallen off - had 2 injections but they didint work and I was in agony every time the tooth was touched ( the dentist did not believe me ) - had another injection but that didint help much - he said the the tooth was soft and have had severe headache and feel really bad for the past 2 days after this treatment ( which wasnt really done - he simply took a little piece of the metal filling off - the tooth now has nerve shocks if it is touched ) - now the dentist says that next time I will have an injection in the muscle and that it will hurt to open my mouth for 2 days afterwards - panicked about it all - he doesnt believe the pain which is agony ( have had 2 children so I know pain ! ) - never had any problems before - what should I do ? - I live in Ethiopia so my choice of dentists is very very very limited ! - this dentist is Korean so I thought he might be ok - so is it me ? - have I suddenly got sensitive teeth ? him or what ?
Have the appointment MOnday and am in a panic - cant go through that terrible pain again !!

It's HIM....and this.....
the dentist did not believe me
is the most worrying part of it. There is no need for any pain in dentistry, at all, you should not feel anything when a tooth is being worked on, let alone pain. Firstly, it sounds like he is totally unable to inject you effectively and secondly he doesn't care anyway as he goes ahead doing the work with you screaming and crying !!! I realise you have limited choices there, but I would not return to him on Monday for any money...it is the stuff of nightmares.

Hi and :welcome: it is HIM and all HIM, I wouldn't have gone back a second time, and I most certainly would not even consider going on Monday. I hope you can find somebody else to do the work you need, but I don't think it should be HIM.
I think you have been so brave to go back and face this man, and I hope you are able to find someone else.

GOOD LUCK :grouphug:

many thanks for the quick answer !!!! - really am not sure what to do since the other alternative is an Ethiopian dentist ( who are NOT good ! ) - I do think that this man has talent but his bedside manner and management of pain and care is ZERO ! - very worried about this painful injection into the jaw after which it hurts for 2 days to open the mouth - but if it numbs me that is all I care about !! - there are no teeth either side of this one which is still standing so really need to keep it and think that this man is possibly the only one that will be able to do so - BUT is it worth the pain ? - still feel really really ill and it is now 3 days which I went ! - also want to know why I need to go 5 times for a root canal and rebuilding - is this normal !!! - still panicking !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's HIM....and this..... is the most worrying part of it. There is no need for any pain in dentistry, at all, you should not feel anything when a tooth is being worked on, let alone pain. Firstly, it sounds like he is totally unable to inject you effectively and secondly he doesn't care anyway as he goes ahead doing the work with you screaming and crying !!! I realise you have limited choices there, but I would not return to him on Monday for any money...it is the stuff of nightmares.

many thanks for quick answer !!!!!!!!!!!! - so scared since I dont really have many other options ! - think that this man is capable of doing it all on a dead body but dont know about on a living one !!!! - cant carry on like this for the next 5 appointments ( although still dont know why I need 5 appointments for root canal and tooth rebuilding ) - all in a HUGE panic as still feel ill from the last visit ! - people in the West really should count themsleves lucky to be able to get access to decent dentists ! - I was never a dentist phobic before - even had my 2 front teeht crowned simply for cosmetic purposes ! ) but am now TERRIFIED !!!!!!

Hi and :welcome: it is HIM and all HIM, I wouldn't have gone back a second time, and I most certainly would not even consider going on Monday. I hope you can find somebody else to do the work you need, but I don't think it should be HIM.
I think you have been so brave to go back and face this man, and I hope you are able to find someone else.

GOOD LUCK :grouphug:

Hi if you are in Addis you could check if this dentist is still there:

Dr. Tsehay Berhane
Lunadent Clinic
661 64 22, 0911-310-770

"She is not only a German-trained dentist but also a dental technician and is absolutely excellent. Does all her own technical work and uses materials brought in from mainly Germany".

I found this on the internet so this is not a personal recommendation, but at least it might be another avenue to explore :).

change dentist

Back