R
Robert101
Junior member
- Joined
- Dec 30, 2005
- Messages
- 7
Hello there everyone 
Here's a brief update on what's been going on with my dental situation.
1) Last Tuesday, I finally had 6 Root Canals done in a matter of 2 hours, 45 minutes by a highly trained dentist. ( Thank my lucky stripes )![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
2) Surprisingly, very little soreness as a result. ( but I did coax the dentist for a Vicodin RX just in case )
3) Now another waiting game appears concerning "authorization" for a crown lengthening procedure for 5 upper teeth. Unfortunately, this is where things get a bit tricky, if not downright murky.
Originally, it was recommended that I have multiple extractions on the very teeth that needed the crowns. But the prognosis has changed as a result of having several X-rays during the RC procedure; a second opinion by another dentist; a change in dental insurance plans; and the option of me paying some out of pocket expenses, i.e., an estimated $3000 for a possible 2 set, fixed bridge, ( Dental-Cal won't cover bridge or crown lengthening ) or, an estimated $1800 for a crown lengthening while a certain dental "plan" kicks in substantially for bridgework.
4) Nevertheless, despite waiting an estimated 4 to 6 weeks for the crown lengthening, ( which almost certainly will be turned down ) and all these other aformentioned possibilities, I'm in much better spirits than before

P.S. I just couldn't deal with a partial that has a tendency to break

Robert101

Here's a brief update on what's been going on with my dental situation.
1) Last Tuesday, I finally had 6 Root Canals done in a matter of 2 hours, 45 minutes by a highly trained dentist. ( Thank my lucky stripes )
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
2) Surprisingly, very little soreness as a result. ( but I did coax the dentist for a Vicodin RX just in case )

3) Now another waiting game appears concerning "authorization" for a crown lengthening procedure for 5 upper teeth. Unfortunately, this is where things get a bit tricky, if not downright murky.
Originally, it was recommended that I have multiple extractions on the very teeth that needed the crowns. But the prognosis has changed as a result of having several X-rays during the RC procedure; a second opinion by another dentist; a change in dental insurance plans; and the option of me paying some out of pocket expenses, i.e., an estimated $3000 for a possible 2 set, fixed bridge, ( Dental-Cal won't cover bridge or crown lengthening ) or, an estimated $1800 for a crown lengthening while a certain dental "plan" kicks in substantially for bridgework.
4) Nevertheless, despite waiting an estimated 4 to 6 weeks for the crown lengthening, ( which almost certainly will be turned down ) and all these other aformentioned possibilities, I'm in much better spirits than before

P.S. I just couldn't deal with a partial that has a tendency to break


Robert101