• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Roots are exposed!

P

Pinkwindsor

Sorry, not sure why my photo appeared before my writing. But I've just discovered this, and I am absolutely terrified. Do I have really bad gum recession? :shame:

Last edited:
Can someone advise? I have an appointment tomorrow morning… :(

Hi there, it looks as if you haven't had a reply yet. How did your appointment go? Did you get answers to your questions?

You've got some heavy calculus (tartar) deposits. Once they've been cleaned off then your gums should be fine.
You need some tuition on cleaning in that area which hopefully your dentist will organise for you.

Hello, I managed to actually get into the hygienists chair which was a huge deal for me.

I did indeed have a very heavy deposit of tartar. I have been cleaning my teeth but not brushing down to that level ?‍♀️ It was only when I pulled my lip down that I noticed it all!

It was all removed but the gaps in the gums left below each tooth will just stay there and I’ll have to have more regular hygienist appointments to make sure it’s kept clean.

I’m totally exhausted by the sheer amount of anxiety that this has caused me!

Pinkwindsor,

Congrats on making it through this appointment and getting into the hygenist chair. Often that can be more scary than the dental chair and you did it! Anxiety is SO exhausting.. Hope you can get some rest and do something kind for yourself for making it through! :grouphug:

Thanks for the update, Pinkwindsor, great to hear that you managed to get into the hygienist’s chair ?.

A tip from @Gordon: use your spare hand to pull down your lower lip when brushing, so you can see what you’re doing ? .

Back