• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Saving teeth

O

ogg monster

Hi

I know this question will be difficult to answer in a general sense but I wanted to know how bad teeth have to be before they become un-saveable. I haven't been to the dentist in a very long time and my teeth and gums are in a terrible state, but what has become one of my biggest fears about going is that my teeth will be removed.

They are not loose that I can tell, but they are very discoloured and the gums around them are very red and receding.
I am so paranoid about being told my teeth have to that this is part of what has made me scared to go for so long, which I realise is totally illogical because going sooner would have given me a better chance of keeping them

Pretty general answer... there needs not to be decay into the roots of the tooth. There needs to be good bone support without too much gum disease.

Back