W
willow
Junior member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2006
- Messages
- 11
I have my second dental appointment tomorrow, and I'm starting to freak out a bit.
This appointment is for bitewing x-rays, a cleaning, and my treatment plan. At my first appointment the hardest thing was just opening my mouth for the dentist. He and the dental assistant were kind to me, though, and it was a positive experience in the end. Tomorrow I'll have to open my mouth for the hygienist.
I've never had a cleaning before, and I suppose I'm afraid of being scolded or treated like a child. Fear of the unknown is a factor too! I'm hoping that the anticipation will be worse than the actual experience, as it was with the first appointment.
This appointment is for bitewing x-rays, a cleaning, and my treatment plan. At my first appointment the hardest thing was just opening my mouth for the dentist. He and the dental assistant were kind to me, though, and it was a positive experience in the end. Tomorrow I'll have to open my mouth for the hygienist.
I've never had a cleaning before, and I suppose I'm afraid of being scolded or treated like a child. Fear of the unknown is a factor too! I'm hoping that the anticipation will be worse than the actual experience, as it was with the first appointment.
I wanted to wish you good luck for tomarrow. I have a cleaning scheduled for May 2nd and I am freaking out already. (Haven't had one in years, and never seen this hygentist) I tell myself it's just a cleaning, but as dental phobics, we can't help but worry about the unknown.![Hugging [smiley=hugging.gif] [smiley=hugging.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hugging.gif)
(speaking from experience here). Make sure the hygienist knows how worried you are about being scolded or hurt, this will give her/him the chance to make it a good experience for you
The cleaning wasn't what I'd call pleasant, but it didn't hurt either. There was no scolding whatsoever, and she even praised me on my brushing and flossing habits. Thankfully my gums are in pretty good shape. And those nasty tea stains behind my lower front teeth are all gone now!![Party [smiley=party.gif] [smiley=party.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/party.gif)