D
DaftOne
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 21, 2009
- Messages
- 1
Sensitive Crown & Shape Problem (CEREC)
Hi, ive had several crowns without problems and last week had a permanent CEREC crown on one of my front teeth (top).
This tooth is now rather sensitve on the back, but it also has a kind of lip/bump on the biting edge at the back of the tooth, like the biting edge is wider than the crown above it - The other front tooth is also a crown and is very smooth from top to bottom (bottom being the biting edge).
Could it be that the dentist has filed too much away when shaping the crown and has caused this sensitivity?
I thought I would eventually get used to the little bump, but the sensitivity is now making me think I should have it replaced, or will it all settle down after a while?
Answers and suggestions appreciated
Hi, ive had several crowns without problems and last week had a permanent CEREC crown on one of my front teeth (top).
This tooth is now rather sensitve on the back, but it also has a kind of lip/bump on the biting edge at the back of the tooth, like the biting edge is wider than the crown above it - The other front tooth is also a crown and is very smooth from top to bottom (bottom being the biting edge).
Could it be that the dentist has filed too much away when shaping the crown and has caused this sensitivity?
I thought I would eventually get used to the little bump, but the sensitivity is now making me think I should have it replaced, or will it all settle down after a while?
Answers and suggestions appreciated

Last edited: