• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sensitivity in front tooth after filling

  • Thread starter Thread starter calg5000
  • Start date Start date
C

calg5000

Junior member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
7
Hello Everyone, thus begins another chapter in my dental saga. I am at this point very worried about a recent dental procedure. I have very few teeth left and I am only 33. My top partial was worn so I decided to get a new set. I went to the dentist to get one tooth filled before I received my partial uppers. Upon this visit she said it is crucial to get my few incisors on the bottom filled as well so I agreed.

Now, that the Linocaine as worn off I feel a gnawing pain in this small front tooth and an increasing pressure on the tooth that has since subsided. I cannot even bite down on it anymore however I am not sensitive to hot or cold. This is complicated by the fact that these are the only teeth I have left to chew with. YIKES!

My question, could this simply be normal sensitivity from the filling? Will this go away on its own? Simple painkillers wipe it out for hours! OR am I in for root canal in order to get this fixed? The dentist did tell me the root was deep on the front and their was a risk of inflammation. I should also add that the filling was a white composite. I am scared to death because for the first time I was proactive in going to dentist and believed I was getting a filling I didn't need. Now the notion of having a root canal on this tooth feels like punishment. Please give me something positive. Thanks to everyone in advance.
 
Re: Dentally Disheartened

You did need the tooth fixed, if you hadn't it would have caused problems anyway. Hopefully it will settle down soon. If it doesn't by the end of the weekend, go back to the dentist and get it checked.
 
Re: Dentally Disheartened

Hi All, I am glad to say that later today I am off the painkillers and I ate some hot food placing just light pressure on the filled tooth. So far no pain. I still feel light tingles once and awhile but the pain is reduced by 80% Is this a good sign that maybe root canal is not in my future:
 
Re: Dentally Disheartened

Yeah, anything that stops hurting is a good sign ;D
 
Back
Top