• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Seriously needing some advice on a bridge/implants

A

arenew33

Hey everyone. So, I'm in a bind. I had my second tooth from the back extracted a year ago. My gut told me to get an implant, my dentist talked me into a bridge. Big mistake. Within 3 days of filing my teeth down, my first molar needed a root canal. I've had searing, blinding pain for months now. Now the root of the first molar is infected. I'm going to see an endo and he wants to perform an apio?

This is where my problem lies. I cannot afford to keep trying to save this tooth. And also my bridge fits so poorly and its filed down so low, anytime i bite, it puts pressure on my canine, which is sore a lot now from it. I really can't afford an apio AND a new bridge since I already paid 2k for a bridge and a root canal 3 months ago.

Logic tells me to save the tooth at all costs. But my emotions are telling me to just be rid of this nightmare of a bridge and get two implants. It is also fair to note that I AM a teeth grinder at night. I have flat teeth.

I don't know what to do. I'm SO torn over this. I'm so sick over this with worry for future pains and money and everything.

Ask the dentist to evaluate the bite
if after the dentist has made any adjustment evaluate your comfort. If it doesn't feel just fine then get another opinion.