• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I continue my tooth whitening or wait until I can get to the dentist.

J

JAD

Should I continue my tooth whitening or wait until I can get to the dentist.

Hi, I have just done 3 weeks of tooth whitening but only used 2 (nearly 3) gels syringes. I am using whitening trays by the way. The dentist said to check back about half way through but I cannot get to the dentist for almost 2 weeks due to school and other busyness. So what should I do? I do not want to damage my teeth or over-whiten so should I continue to whiten my teeth or wait until I can get to the dentist and see what he says?

Thanks.

Re: Should I continue my tooth whitening or wait until I can get to the dentist.

Hi
you can't over whiten with the gel (assuming its the proper gel). All that will happen is that the teeth may go whiter than you want.
It depends on the size of syringe obviously but it sounds as if you're underloading the trays. you need about 3ml to do upper and lower teeth for one night so a 10ml syringe should do 3 nights.

Back