• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

someone please tell me when i can use mouth wash.

M

minx

I got all my top tooth extracted, 13 or 14 of them. its been 2weeks. its healing nice, front gum is nice and healed but way back gum is still little soft. I really want to use mouthwash like Listerine or scope etc. im sick of saltwater rinse. anyone know when is safe to use mouthwash?. not one of those prescribe mouthwash, real ones strong ones. that stings mouth within 5sec of swish. like Listerine.

I got all my top tooth extracted, 13 or 14 of them. its been 2weeks. its healing nice, front gum is nice and healed but way back gum is still little soft. I really want to use mouthwash like Listerine or scope etc. im sick of saltwater rinse. anyone know when is safe to use mouthwash?. not one of those prescribe mouthwash, real ones strong ones. that stings mouth within 5sec of swish. like Listerine.

If it's been over 2 weeks and your holes are closed and you are healed you can go ahead and use it now but Listerine is full of alcohol and not very good for your gums or mouth. it is very drying to the mucus membranes. you would be better off with an alcohol free mouthwash.

If it's been over 2 weeks and your holes are closed and you are healed you can go ahead and use it now but Listerine is full of alcohol and not very good for your gums or mouth. it is very drying to the mucus membranes. you would be better off with an alcohol free mouthwash.

thank you for your input. i'll start by alcohol free ones. thanks again.

Back