• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Stitch came undone, is it all right?

A

Agabus

I'm so frustrated. I was so proud of my progress and my heart has just fallen and I'm a bit of a mess. I had extractions that were stitched closed on Friday. One of these stitches came undone and out today (Sunday) while I was drinking water. Even though there isn't bleeding and that area feels a bit better now, I'm horribly freaked out. I even called my wife (she's on a trip) which I hated to do because I didn't want her worrying about me. Thankfully, she doesn't suffer from dental worries and calmly said that from my description there shouldn't be much to worry about and to call the dentist in the morning. I'm supposed to have an appointment to check up on things on Tuesday but she said this might make them want to have me come in tomorrow. I want to believe her but I'm so afraid I'm going to lose the clot by accident and I'm terrified of dry socket. I feel like I'm back several steps from the progress I made from Friday, or maybe it's just proof I wasn't as enlightened as I thought I was. Am I going to be ok? Should I just be careful and call the tomorrow? Part of my brain agrees with my wife that this doesn't qualify for the emergency #.

Last edited:
Hi,

I agree with your wife. Without seeing you, as long as you don't have pain and bleeding, no need to do anything.