• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Support and advice needed

N

Natzuk

Hi all .

I’ve wrote a few posts before but I thought I’d start a thread on here .
I’m in Manchester Uk .
I have autism, severe anxiety, health anxiety, and trauma.
I tried too have my tooth out on Friday, which unfortunately I just couldn’t continue.
My mouth was extremely numb which was painful too do but I could feel the sensation and I nearly passed out .
My new private dentist is amazing. She was fantastic but saw how traumatic it was for me and we agreed too stop and so a referral for a general anaesthetic too have it out as she said not even sedation will be suitable as she witnessed how bad I was .
Was in tears shaking and very faint .
I’m now so scared that the dental hospital will refuse a general anaesthetic and try sedation , but surely I must have some rights and it’s my decision?

I can’t stop thinking about Friday and I know myself I could not do it again no way .
I understand it needs coming out soon as this is the second infection I’ve had .

I’m scared I’ll get more infections and end up seriously I’ll .
I don’t sample or drink , my diets good , lots of water and I exercise I take vitamin D and iron .

I floss and use the brushes for between your teeth and use an electric toothbrush.
I’m also aware the wait will be long but truthfully I can not have it taken out any other way .

I’m struggling mentally and keep crying incase they say no .

I feel I’ll be made too do something im not physically and mentally able too .

Like I’m Friday although everyone told me I’ll be fine , I had a lot of anaesthesia, and could still feel sharp pains the dentist was shocked also that I could .

I wish I didn’t put myself through it but also felt like I have no voice and no one actually understands how things like this affect me so much .

Is there anyone from Manchester who has been through the same ? Anyone help me get through

Thanks
Natalie