• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Surgery went well. Multiple extractions. Fixed denture on bottom. Total plate on top.

J

Judo3052

Bite and chewing are way off which I am attributing to swelling. Please anyone, tell me that this will improve in a few days. I don't have implants but my surgeon says we'll visit that possibility after a few months healing. In the mean time I am hoping that this condition is temporary and that within reason, I'll be able to return to at least some of my previous diet norms.

Bite and chewing are way off which I am attributing to swelling. Please anyone, tell me that this will improve in a few days. I don't have implants but my surgeon says we'll visit that possibility after a few months healing. In the mean time I am hoping that this condition is temporary and that within reason, I'll be able to return to at least some of my previous diet norms.

I’m in the same boat I have a bottom partial and had a top partial put in 2 days ago I can’t stop gagging are you getting that? I’m the same as you I want to be able to eat normally again

I have read that several people have an issue with gagging. I fortunatly have not. As it's only the 1st 24 hr period, I have minor discomfort under the dentures and soreness on my gums under my upper lip. Literally stopped all bleeding within 6 hrs. My " teeth " only line up on one side to chew. I've only eaten a few spoons of mashed potatoes with some cut up chicken. I had to finely dice the chicken as I couldn't chew even the smallest bits.

I have read that several people have an issue with gagging. I fortunatly have not. As it's only the 1st 24 hr period, I have minor discomfort under the dentures and soreness on my gums under my upper lip. Literally stopped all bleeding within 6 hrs. My " teeth " only line up on one side to chew. I've only eaten a few spoons of mashed potatoes with some cut up chicken. I had to finely dice the chicken as I couldn't chew even the smallest bits.

Thank you for your reply I keep reading posts and people saying it does get easier with time and practice but I’m struggling with it all, my speech has been affected my eating habits have been affected that want to feel normal although I do love my smile

Back